Gawai is a festival celebrated in Sarawak every year on the 1st of June.
It is a Harvest day celebrated by the Dayaks : Ibans, Bidayuh, Kelabit ( yeah, can wish Vanessa Happy Gawai too =P ) and etc.
And so in Sarawak we have 2 days of holidays. And 2 days of holidays mean A LOT to me.
No work, no catching of snake. How fun. =D
And so on that day the few of us planned to go have fun at the Hot Spring and also the longhouse too. ( Normally I would have say no bcos the weather is killing me but when I heard the word 'Tuak', my eyes sparkled and said yes. wtf )
So on the first day of Gawai, we went all the way into the jungle
( yala we Sarawakians live in jungle one ma ).
The journey itself took us more than one hour and it's really suffering as we took the wrong road and have to get pass a really bumpy rock road. Free Osim. -__-lll so I should't complain eh?
Anyway, we reached Kampung Annah Rais 12pm sharp. Imagine the hot sun above ur head.
It is a Harvest day celebrated by the Dayaks : Ibans, Bidayuh, Kelabit ( yeah, can wish Vanessa Happy Gawai too =P ) and etc.
And so in Sarawak we have 2 days of holidays. And 2 days of holidays mean A LOT to me.
No work, no catching of snake. How fun. =D
And so on that day the few of us planned to go have fun at the Hot Spring and also the longhouse too. ( Normally I would have say no bcos the weather is killing me but when I heard the word 'Tuak', my eyes sparkled and said yes. wtf )
So on the first day of Gawai, we went all the way into the jungle
( yala we Sarawakians live in jungle one ma ).
The journey itself took us more than one hour and it's really suffering as we took the wrong road and have to get pass a really bumpy rock road. Free Osim. -__-lll so I should't complain eh?
Anyway, we reached Kampung Annah Rais 12pm sharp. Imagine the hot sun above ur head.
and I said yes immediately. =P
After finish seeing how longhouse looked like, we get right down to business.
The food is quite nice.
Quite similiar to what u get during Hari Raya.
And I spotted a bottle of Tuak sitting on the table...
and of cuz, I poured some for myself.
And before we went back, Xiao Feng suddenly popped out a glass of COLD tuak.
Imagine my happiness. =D
she got it from the kitchen of one of the houses knowing I like it. =D
The Tuak is nicer than those sold in supermarkets.
It's not overwhelmingly sweet like those sold at the supermarkets but just nice.
Very nice in fact. =D
But sadly I can't bring them back.
I know it's way pass Hari Gawai ady but still I'd want to say
"Selamat Hari Gawai, Gayu-Guru Gerai-Nyamai"
to everyone. XD
********
To be continued : Part II - Hot Spring =D




0 Comment:
Post a Comment